1) Free UK P+P, if applicable, applies to mainland UK and Northern Ireland.
2) We ship internationally – please continue through to checkout for prices.
3) We have no collection facilities available at present.
4) SaveMyLight Ltd. always sends items via insured, tracked delivery with a signature being requested upon arrival.
4a) SaveMyLight always obtains proof of postage for all items despatched.
4b) Items are posted the same day, if not, the next working day. Excluding weekends and bank holidays.
5) SaveMyLight Ltd. uses Royal Mail for small items and Interlink Express for large or valuable orders.
5a) They are responsible for ensuring the delivery.
6) SaveMyLight Ltd. will not be held responsible for postal delay, damage or for loss of goods in transit under any circumstances.
6a) SaveMyLight Ltd. do not replace damaged or missing items sent using Royal Mail until their fifteen working day policy has elapsed.
7) Should an item despatched not arrive we will assist the buyer to make a claim against the relevant delivery company.
8) It is the buyer’s responsibility to inform us if the item has not arrived within fifteen working days of purchasing.
9) SaveMyLight Ltd. always keeps proof of postage.
10) SaveMyLight Ltd. will replace faulty items however we must be advised of any faulty goods upon receipt of the item.
10a) Should we be unable to replace a faulty item we will offer a full refund.
10b) All customers have a legal right to change their mind and return a product for a full refund during the Cancellation Period.
The Cancellation Period is seven days from the day after receiving your order.
This excludes CUSTOM or SPECIAL order items. We do NOT refund purchases after the Cancellation Period.
11) We will not be held responsible by the purchaser for returned items that are lost or damaged during the Returns procedure.
11a) It is the purchasers responsibility to pay for the return postage costs and to make sure that the item reaches us in the same condition as despatched.
12) All Transformers sold by SaveMyLight Ltd. are brand new and guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase against faulty workmanship.
13) All Transformers are security marked.
I have changed my mind regarding the purchase and require a refund? (During the Cancellation Period)
We will only refund a purchase (excluding custom or special order items) within the first 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the goods are delivered.
We do NOT refund purchases after 7 working days.
What happens if my item is not working correctly?
It is extremely rare for a transformer to arrive to a customer faulty.
Unfortunately it does happen, although it can seem a transformer appears faulty when infact the fault lies within the light fitting.
This is why we ask that all electrical products purchased from SaveMyLight Ltd. in accordance with the guarantee are fitted by a qualified electrician.
All we ask is that the customer informs us of faulty goods within seven working days.
Once we have been notified we ask that the item is sent back to us at the buyers expense.
Once received the item will be logged and security checked and then passed to the Test Team for inspection and testing.
Due to the technical nature of electronic transformers we do not replace suspected faulty transformers until deemed faulty by our electronics test team.
Do you notify me when you receive my item?
Yes. We will contact you by email or telephone when:-
the item has been received,
when the item has been inspected,
the result, and
if a new item has been despatched.
How long will it take to receive a replacement item?
If an item is deemed ‘faulty’ we aim to have a replacement sent out to you within 3 working days from receipt of the item, but this is entirely down to the Test Team's inspection time.
We understand some buyers need a replacement item in a hurry and we will do everything we can to chase their item.
We cannot force the Test Team to work any quicker or bump the item up in their queue, so please do not ask us.
The Test Team's decision is FINAL.
Can I have a refund instead of a replacement for the faulty item? (After the Cancellation Period)
We will only exchange the item for the same model originally ordered. (like for like basis)
What if a replacement item is not available?
We will offer the buyer a full refund of the price paid.
Will my postage be refunded if I send an item back to you?
Postage is always refunded for ‘faulty’ items which are confirmed by the Test Team as being 'faulty'.
Am I responsible for the return of the goods in a satisfactory condition?
Yes. The buyer will be under a duty to return the goods to us and also to take reasonable care of them. This duty ends when the buyer (at their own expense) has returned the goods to us. This includes any original packaging such as cardboard boxes and included accessories that the electrical products were supplied in or with. These are required so that we can resell the items to another customer.
The buyer is also under an obligation to return the goods to us if they wish to cancel.
Should the buyer refuse or unreasonably fail to comply with a request for a return of the goods, then the buyer's obligation to retain or take reasonable care of the goods continues until the goods are delivered back to us.
Do I pay to receive my replacement item?
No - If the item was faulty you do NOT pay postage.
1) All transformers MUST be fitted by a qualified Electrician in keeping with the guarantee.
2) Should SaveMyLight Ltd. suspect a transformer has been deliberately damaged through incorrect fitting or tampering we may request documentation to confirm correct installation.
3) Any purchaser who attempts to modify, disassemble or repair a purchased transformer, makes modifications to the associated light fitting or the power supply, which causes damage to the transformer will render the guarantee void.
4) Any purchaser who removes the warranty sticker from the transformer will render the guarantee as void.
5) SaveMyLight Ltd. is not responsible for any financial expenses the buyer suffers as a result of an item being ‘faulty’.
1) We accept Paypal Instant Payment and various Debit and Credit Cards via Cardsave Online Payment or by telephone.
2) We do not accept Paypal E Cheques, American Express and some Maestro cards.
When an electronic lighting transformer fails there has to be a reason why. It is not simply a case of ordering a replacement. Sometimes the transformer causes damage to the light fitting that cannot be seen just by looking at the light. Sometimes the damage is internal.
All transformers purchased from SaveMyLight Ltd. are brand new and are tested by the manufacturer before being sent to us. Upon arrival our electronics test team bench test each transformer before despatch.
With every order a Guidance Sheet is provided and MUST be handed to the electrician prior to fitting.
Should a customer order a replacement electronic lighting transformer and then state that it does not work we will ask for the transformer to be returned to us for testing.
Once tested we will give the customer the result. If confirmed faulty a second transformer will be sent to the customer free of charge.
If a transformer is not faulty the customer will need to pay postage charges to receive the transformer back.
Should the customer state that the second transformer also does not work we will not send any further transformers until a diagnostics test has been carried out on the light fitting by a qualified electrician and the results sent to us.
We do not keep sending transformers to customers as it ends up becoming a vicious circle of transformers being sent out and returned, which costs the buyer and seller money.
Once the lighting fault has been determined a final transformer will be despatched.